Thanksgiving festivities are all about gratitude, love, and FOOD! Lots of Food! Staying true to the holiday’s spirit, General Hospital star Katelyn MacMullen shared the recipe for her favorite dish. If you want to recreate a slice of your favorite stars’ Thanksgiving feast this year, here is your chance! Keep reading to find out the recipe straight by the talented and super gorgeous actress. Also, if you are one of those who don’t like the food adding extra inches to your waistline, then this Gluten-free cake recipe is heaven sent! Sorry, Katey sent, we mean! (Wink wink).
Gushing about the scrumptious cake, Katelyn told Soap Opera Digest that her great-nana got the recipe from a friend. Ever since then, the cake has been a staple on their Thanksgiving table. Katelyn shared that her great-nana passed down the recipe to her nana, and then her nana passed it to her mom. The General Hospital actress divulged that she and her boyfriend, Johnny love it so much that they eat as many as three slices in a go. “It’s sweet and decadent and buttery. It’s just perfect!” Katelyn exclaims.
Her mom had been making the cake for many years now. However, this year Katelyn is planning to make one herself! In an interesting and healthy twist, The General Hospital star wants to make a gluten-free version of the cake. Katelyn plans to use every single ingredient that goes in the cake according to the original recipe but uses a gluten-free cake mix as a base. So if you would prefer a healthier version, then you can keep this tip in mind!
Feeling excited about how much they love the cake, Katelyn shares that she and her family have it as dessert on Thanksgiving day when the cake is still warm. And, then again, the next day with coffee when it has become all chilled in the fridge and takes great! The General Hospital star feels the cake feels so amazing because the liquor that is added to it balances out the sweetness of the cake. However, she added that one could not actually taste the liquor. So here is the recipe that you need!
General Hospital Star Katey McMullen’s Thanksgiving Cake Recipe
Ingredients For The Cake:
2 boxes of yellow cake mix
1 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
¼ cup Galliano liqueur
¼ cup vodka
1 3.5-ounce package of vanilla instant pudding mix
¾ cup orange juice
Ingredients For The Glaze
1 cup confectioners’ sugar. (Make sure it is sifted)
1 Tbsp. Orange juice. (Canned or fresh)
1 Tbsp. Galliano liqueur
1 tsp. vodka
For The Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
3. Add one full box of cake mix and 6 Tbsp. of cake mix from the second box. Then, add vegetable oil, eggs, liqueur, vodka, pudding mix, and orange juice to a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed for two minutes.
4. Evenly pour the cake mixture evenly into the greased bundt pan. However, make sure to gently tap the pan on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles.
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes; it is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Furthermore, make sure to rest the cake for five minutes.
6. Using a thin rubber spatula, gently loosen the edges around the rims of the bundt pan. “My mom then flips it upside on a plate and removes the pan.” The General Hospital star added a great tip.
For The Glaze
1. Mix powdered sugar, orange juice, liqueur, and vodka until smooth. “My mom says to make the glaze once the cake is pulled out of the pan and resting because it only takes a minute to make it.” Katelyn added.
2. Drizzle the glaze over the cake while it’s warm, then let cool for the glaze to set. “My mom pokes holes in the cake with a fork before she puts on the glaze.” The General Hospital actress suggests, “so it goes all throughout the cake and not just on top.”
And that is all you need to do, folks! We are feeling the cravings build up for this delicious cake already! So note down the recipe and the directions shared by General Hospital star Katelyn McMullen. Meanwhile, we are off to the store to get the needed items! We will surely be giving this one a shot! If you plan to do so too, let us know in the comments!