General Hospital, just like all other productions, has run out of all the episodes they had. Now they are airing the episodes from the past. Every week network airs show based on themes. Fans have been quite vocal about what they want. Here is all about it and what more General Hospital is bringing in.
The Flashback Fridays at General Hospital
With the onset of COVID-19, all the productions have come to a halt. This did not come as an immediate problem because productions had already shot two months of episodes of General Hospital. However, with time, the already shot episodes would run out, and producers needed to figure out a way to make them last for that time.
To stretch out the episodes they already had, the productions started airing “Flashback Fridays.” Every Friday, they would air a re-run of the episodes on the last day of the week. This lasted through May 21. Now the episodes have entirely run out. Now the show is on the re-run. The three weeks of episodes centered on the Nurse’s Ball.
Fans have been quite vocal about what they want in the re-runs. They were quick to put that they weren’t very thrilled about what productions were airing. General Hospital has been on the run for the past 57 years, so they have enough material for sure. The soap started their Flashback Fridays with the episode that originally aired in 2019, and then the Nurse’s Ball that went back to 2014.
General Hospital: Fans Want Classic Episodes
The viewers have given evidence of their loyalty. They are tuning in to watch all the re-runs of General Hospital. However, fans want to see more of the classic material. Recently General Hospital twitter account posted a small video. The video promised all viewers episodes from Nurse’s Ball.
After the post, fans told them what they wanted from the soap opera. One fan says that the episodes General Hospital was airing were episodes from 2 years ago and needed subscription on Youtube. Another viewer asked for more real classic episodes. Nurses Ball from the 90s, he suggested. One other fan asked them why they weren’t taking this as an opportunity to re-visit the best storylines. He asked General Hospital for some real re-runs. He suggested the storylines, including ice-princess, Luke-Laura wedding, Aliens, and all of them.
What Is Coming Up?
Ever since General Hospital started with the re-run they have been airing episodes based on a theme. The next themes will have Sonny and Carly. These episodes will air starting from June 15. Here is the whole schedule for you-
- June 15, 2020 (Monday): Carly and Sonny announce their love amidst the Metro Court hostage crisis. The ep isode originally aired on July 2, 2017
- June 16, 2020 (Tuesday): Sonny stops taking his medicines and begins to go down the spiral. Later on, Carly convinces him to take his medicines. The original airing date takes us back to September 2, 2013.
- June 17, 2020 (Wednesday): Sonny has been shot, and he is in a very critical condition. Carly is the in-hospital chapel reading all the vows he had written. She gets nostalgic and remembers their journey together. The episode takes us back to September 9, 2015.
- June 18, 2020 (Thursday): Sonny and Carly get married. Back on October 14, 2015
- June 19, 2020 (Friday): The couple grieves for Morgan’s death. Carly blames Sonny for the death. The episode aired on December 12, 2016
The network hasn’t yet confirmed what will come up for the week of June 22. However, we can expect to watch Jason and Sam collection that week. We will update you with further schedules as the information is out. So, you stay tuned with tvseasonspoilers.com. Also, do enjoy the Sonny-Carly episodes at General Hospital.